Monday, September 19, 2011

Finally! I Can Get My Fix!

Yesterday began the new cycle (finally THE cycle is here!), and so today warranted a check up appointment. My hormone levels are good (Estradiol - 21.3, Progesterone - <0.2), my ovaries have returned to normal size and so all systems are go! I'll decrease my Lupron dose and start up the Estrogen patches tonight. FINALLY!!! I feel like a drug addict in estrogen withdrawal. I need my fix!!

I actually felt SO bad on the birth control this past month that we'd been considering giving up if this first FET doesn't work. I just can't take feeling like a depressed shell of myself for months and months of my life. So at today's appointment I asked the good doctor if I could do an FET in the future WITHOUT birth control pills and he said yes!!! I would still have to take the Lupron, but as far as I can tell, that hasn't been a huge deal. WOOHOO!! I mean, who knows...if this FET ends badly, we may give up anyway. I honestly don't know how I'll feel. But at least the idea of going through this again isn't so horribly daunting anymore.

My next check up isn't until next Friday (9/30), so I've got a couple more weeks of sitting around twiddling my thumbs before anything exciting happens. You'd think I'd be used to all the waiting by now...hah!

1 comments:

kharini said...

I used to hate BCP until they switched me to the one I'm taking now, sooo much better. But I hear you, they can be horrible, I dont get how women can be on it for years. It's great your RE is flexible about it but hopefully this is it for you and you won't need another cycle :-)

Post a Comment

 
Free Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design