Friday, August 12, 2011

EGGstraordinary!!

I can scarcely believe it! We got TWENTY SEVEN eggs at this morning's retrieval!! WOW!!! I'm eggstatic!! :D I thought for sure the egg count had dropped along with the follicle count, but apparently they were just hiding really well ;) This is just...amazing. With any luck, we'll get a nice fertilization report tomorrow and a nice number of embryos to freeze by the end of next week. Heck, with this number of eggs, we may never have to do IVF again! I don't want to count them before they hatch or put them all in one basket (lol), but I have a good feeling about these little guys. We've had all kinds of good "signs" over the past several days. And just minutes before the retrieval, this song played over the clinic's radio :D




Because of the high number of eggs, my risk of developing OHSS is higher still, so the doctor went ahead and prescribed me two medications to help. They won't prevent it, but will hopefully make it less severe at least. I'll be keeping super hydrated and hoping I stay feeling fine. Wish me and our little embies luck! :)

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you. Praying that things work out and you are blessed with a precious little one. I am also praying that you find patience and strength in the waiting.
Crystal M

Jenn said...

Fantastic!!!! What wonderful news!!! :) I'm so happy for you. Don't be too surprised if a few of them aren't mature, that happened to me on both of my IVFs. But even still, with that many to start with, I'll be you have an amazing fert report! Can't wait to hear what comes next. :)

Anonymous said...

Crystal - Thank you so much!!! All of your thoughts, prayers and encouragement mean so much :) I'd love to give all of your little ones a new cousin!

Jenn - Thank you!!! We got SO much luckier than I was expecting!! Finally after almost 3 years of trying, something is going right :)

Post a Comment

 
Free Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design