Saturday, August 13, 2011

I used to think the sum of 1 and 1 was 2...

But apparently when hubby and I get together, we add up to more :) Of the 27 eggs retrieved yesterday, 24 were good enough for the ICSI fertilization procedure and out of those, 22 fertilized normally :D :D :D This is AMAZING!! I'm still in shock!!

I never imagined we'd get so many eggs and I certainly never dreamed so many of them would fertilize! This is a gift and we're so thankful. Up until now, this has all felt like science, biology, numbers and facts. But all of a sudden there are 22 little sparks of life out there that are part me and part hubby and I feel something new for them...I guess it's love :) I know they won't all divide, grow and thrive...but this is further than we've ever gotten before and I wish I could give each one a microscopic hug. I just woke up from a nap with this song in my head...it seems fitting :)





I'm still just as tired and sore as yesterday, but I haven't developed any new symptoms, which is good. From what I've read, OHSS doesn't typically show up until 2-3 days after retrieval, so I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm trying to stay positive and take it super easy. It's extremely lucky that retrieval happened on a Friday, so hubby can stay home taking care of me all weekend :)

As for what happens next - we'll get the next report on Monday and then the final report on Thursday before the embryos are frozen. Keep those fingers crossed that most of them make it :)

1 comments:

LadyAngora said...

Katy, what an amazing journey you're on! I'm so excited for you guys, and I'm praying you'll have continued health and a new baby in your lives very soon! :)

Post a Comment

 
Free Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design