Friday, August 19, 2011

Let it Snow!

It's official! We have snowbabies in the freezer!! And remember how we were hoping for more than 8? We got ELEVEN!!! I can still scarcely believe it! :D Hubby was hoping for 12...I figured I'd be a little more realistic and hope for 10...and we got smack dab in the middle :) How perfect is that?

Each embryo made it to the blastocyst stage and was graded before freezing. I don't fully understand the scale they use, but I know they're judging two separate aspects of the embryo and the grades range from A (best) to C (worst). Five of our embies were graded AB and six of them were graded BB - which is quite good from what I've ascertained :) The nurse said that AA ratings are rare and that our embryos looked "beautiful." :D

So now all we can do is wait. Once my next cycle begins, we'll see how my system is doing and have a talk with the doctor about what comes next (and when). Thankfully, at the moment anyway, I'm not feeling too impatient about it. I'm more impatient about feeling back to normal :) But it's slowly coming. I'm sure I'll feel fine again soon. And in the meantime, I'll be thinking about those eleven little snowbabies, hoping that one of them will come home with us soon :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design