Monday, August 15, 2011

Into the Woods

I had a feeling that with estrogen levels over 8000, it was only a matter of time before I'd succumb to OHSS. And I was right. Saturday evening I began vomiting. By Sunday morning the vomiting had not subsided and I felt like death. I couldn't even walk without hubby's help :( Thankfully my clinic asked us to come in and gave me a saline IV. I was given 2 liters of fluids, plus anti-nausea and pain meds. I still felt really bad all day and had horrible abdominal pain that night. But since waking up this morning I feel much better.

Today's ultrasound did show some free fluid in my abdomen, but not enough to warrant draining, more IV's or hospitalization. My electrolytes aren't too crazy either. WHEW! It seems my case of OHSS is a moderate one and as long as I keep up with my fluid intake, I should be ok...eventually. It can take up to 3 weeks for it to completely resolve :\

The good news is that the embryos are doing well! 19 of them split and are in the 7-9 cell range as of today :) Yay!! I'm so proud of our little sea monkeys! My doctor thinks that 8 of them will probably make it to freeze, but that's still a great number to work with :) I'm going to keep hoping that we get even more than that.

3 comments:

Francie said...

So sorry about the OHSS. That sounds rough! Glad you've got 19 embies though - that should set you for life!

BB said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your OHSS! It sounds miserable... recovering from a retrieval is already unpleasant... I can't imagine adding vomiting/fluid/pain. I'm jealous of all of your fabulous embies though... I know your little one is in there!!!

Anonymous said...

Francie - I hope it's all we'll ever need as well :) But who knows how many will actually make it to freeze. I'm dying for tomorrow to get here so I can find out!

Single Mom 2b - Thankfully the OHSS hasn't gotten any worse and seems to be very slowly subsiding :) Whew! And I hope you're right that he/she is in there, just waiting to come home with us :D

Post a Comment

 
Free Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design